2018 Fall Lacrosse Season
To begin, the focus of our 2018 Fall lacrosse season will be building critical, foundational lacrosse skills and growing together as a team. The Fall program will run as follows:
- Clinic-style practices twice a week with times and dates being secured now.
- All ages will practice together with players being split by age and skill level for position-specific activity (attack, middie, defense, goalie, face off), stick skills and scrimmages.
- U-9 and U-11 teams will play Newtown’s game schedule (as we have in previous years)
- U-13 and U-15 teams will play inter-squad 7v7 games on the weekends to maximize fundamentals and touches for the more competitive Spring season. We will also seek to scrimmage other local teams as part of the program in fast-moving, high-touch 7v7 games.
- The season will take place between September and November
- The cost will be $125 for U9 players and $225 for U11, U13 and U15 players; this cost will go up $25 on August 21.
- For those who did not play in the 2018 Spring season, there will be an additional $60 cost for a uniform (includes shirt, shorts, shooter shirt, pair of socks).
- Click here to register for the Fall season
Updates to Recreational and Select Lacrosse
We are working hard to grow and bring new players into our Junior Raider lacrosse program and seek to provide clear expectations regarding the purpose of our recreational and select program. The goals is for both programs to be fun and engaging and most importantly on point for our players and families. Both programs have value and the point is to ensure the right player is in the right system to develop at a pace that is comfortable, challenging and fun.
Recreational lacrosse is offered to develop the player regardless of experience or skill level. Creating strong fundamentals and an appreciation of the game is the focus – building technique, game skills and knowledge is core to the program. Recreational lacrosse is offered at all levels for all seasons (U-9 through U-15) dependent on player numbers to fill teams.
Select lacrosse is competitive lacrosse for advanced and skilled players in 6th, 7th and 8th grades (as of August 2018). Improving critical skills, game strategy and measuring progress by winning games and tournaments is a priority. Select lacrosse is offered in Spring and Summer seasons for 6th and 7th graders (Junior Select), and 8th graders (Senior Select). More details on select team tryouts will be sent in the next week to rising 6th, 7th and 8th grade players.
We hope you are having a happy and safe summer and thank you for being a part of the Junior Raider lacrosse family! We will communicate practice dates and locations in the upcoming weeks.